Monday, September 10, 2012

First Week! :)



      Alright!! So, if you haven't noticed I am probably going to do a pretty terrible job of updating this! But I promise (and I really, really hope I can keep this promise) to update this at least once a week! If I don't, I am sorry!

     Okay! So first week in Hawaii, so flipping amazing! I loved this place since the moment I walked outside, it is phenomenal. I am so happy and blessed to be here! I am meeting all kinds of people left and right and it is crazy! So far in 5 days I have gone to the beach 3 times, the PCC (Polynesian Cultural Center), a black out dance party, cliff jumping, and just jogging in this beautiful weather! (the jogging was my least favorite).

Thursday when I went to the PCC I saw a water show that showcased all of the polynesian countries and their individual style of dance and song, it was so cool!


Also at the PCC, I saw guys climbing coconut trees!! they also took the time to do calender poses! sorry you can only mostly see their silhouettes but you can tell they are trying to model! Check out the one where they are sticking their feet out behind them!





 And then this is a drawing dear Celeste made of these guys while we were waiting to eat!



Oh and one night after a midnight walk to the beach we came back to campus and found and caught this flipping humongous Horn frog, toad thing! I think we named him Jeffrey or something.


Oh! Fun fact, I needed to get tested for tuberculous, so I watch them put this stuff in my arm and if makes this huge bubble on my arm, at first I was completely fine with it, then I started walking and completely got all queasy about it!! I had no idea where it came from and why it affected me so badly! But, yes, anyways, here is a shot of Celeste and I chilling in the beautiful weather :)


Now, yesterday, was probably one of my favorite days! I went Waimea Beach for cliff jumping (one time actually flipping) into this really high tide that made the water at times like 6 feet higher than it usually was! Those waves are my favorite waves so far on the earth! But, yes, now here are some pictures of that cliff side and the WATER :))






And while we were at this lovely beach we saw this beautiful rainbow. :)


2 comments: