Friday, September 14, 2012

First week of classes!

Surprise!! I am actually doing school work! I've got a Book of Mormon class that I am reading 30 minutes from the BOM every day for, I've got Fitness for Living that I'm exercising for 30 consecutive for 5 days a week, I've got English 101 >.< and for that I need to read Hamlet. I've got physical science that's going to be a pretty easy class, I have beginning ceramics! That will be hard/time consuming but fun! I have beginning hula (yeah;)) and then lastly! (to pull me over to 14 total credits) Flag Football! 

Interesting tid-bits: 
My English teachers name is Zebulun.
 My Fitness for Living teacher has been in the Olympics and wrote the Fitness & Wellness book we are going to be using in class, his name is Werner W. K. Hoeger. 
And there are a total of three girls in my Flag Football class!

Oh! this week I got my mailbox here! So if you would like to send me anything text or facebook message me to let me know and I will gladly give you the address:)

This week I have walked all over the place! I am doing so much walking and then mix that in with 3 exercise classes and by the end of the semester I am going to have some rockin' leg muscles! 

Sadly, my watch that I have loved all summer and actually really came in handy here, is dying :( so I might just have to get a new one or just deal with out my watch, but look at this poor thing. It's supposed to say 4:28...
Anyways, please excuse the fact that I am jumping from subject to subject, I am just going to type what comes to my mind!

I just want to comment on how much I love this school! I love the fact that 5 out of 7 of my classes start with a prayer, my teachers openly speak about the gospel and how it applies to what we are learning now! I learned in English that when Joesph Smith was translating the plates in the 1800s he used language that was from Shakespeare's time in the early 1700s! Not one word that Joesph used in the BOM was a word invented past Shakespeare's time. Plus, Shakespeare's work was not common reading to small town farming families in Joesph's time so there is no way he could have written that without the Lord's help. Also, my teacher seems to believe that this fact proves that Shakespeare was inspired by God and/or God enjoys Shakespeare's work! How interesting right?

Anyhow, I think I am going to enjoy this semester! Also, I'm getting closer to choosing a major, not there yet, but getting there! I'm very excited for this up coming year! And its comforting to know that if it ever gets too stressful I can just take a stroll down to the beach and unwind for a bit :)



5 comments:

  1. Justine, about your watch... Try throwing in a new battery! If possible, go to your nearest Walmart, at the jewelry counter, they can open your watch & replace the battery for you. You just pay the cost of the battery (around $5) Hopefully, that's all it needs! love ya! Aunt Audie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm that is a pretty good idea! thanks!! :) Love ya too!

      Delete
    2. Hi it's Amelie my watch is perfecto. Do u have a boyfriend or someone u like . I miss u and luv u

      Delete
    3. Hey girl haha and I miss you and love you too, no, no boyfriend sorry :P

      Delete
    4. Hey girl haha and I miss you and love you too, no, no boyfriend sorry :P

      Delete