Friday, September 14, 2012

First time washing my clothes here at byuh!

Okay! So on Tuesday, Celeste and I decided we are going to do our laundry. So we go ahead and put our clothes and wash them in this first washing machine.

First washing machine
By the time they were finished Celeste had to go for a meeting, so I took the liberty of switching out the clothes from the washer to the dryer and first placed my clothes in this machine and then Celeste's into an identical one.
False dryer, Second washing machine
Once I started her clothes I stopped and realized that those clothes weren't drying, they were WASHING! So quickly I stopped Celeste's clothes and then went to stop mine, but couldn't. By that time my clothes were in there for too long to be able to stop, the door would just not open! Therefore, they just got a nice second wash with a dryer sheet! Since there was nothing else I could do for my clothes at the time I just moved onto Celeste's. I had time to stop that cycle, but not enough time to stop the washer to completely soak her clothes yet again. So, I took her sopping clothes into my laundry basket and lugged them over to the actual dryers.
Actual dryer

Not thinking I should probably drain them out first (or just being tired and lazy) I throw them into the dryer and start it up. Well eventually my clothes finish their second wash and I put them into a dryer as well, and after laughing at my immense confusion, Celeste and I wait for our clothes to finish washing. Once Celeste's laundry finishes we open it up and, obviously, they are still pretty wet, we tried to put them on another cycle but the money card we had no longer worked! (no idea why) We then just decide to throw her damp clothes into the same dryer as mine. We let them finish their cycle and then reach in to see how they had done, to find out they were still damp. So out of money for another cycle, we just decide to suck it up and take the clothes to our rooms and just hang them up to dry the rest of the way. That was quite a night, I was so tired by the end I was nearly delusional! I had been a morning and a night person with no naps, NOT A GREAT MIX. But I promise. Next time...I will get the right machines the first time! (P.S. if you look closely, you can see the dryers in the background of the pictures of the washers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment